A thin biscuit style crust topped with colourful peppers, onion and zucchini slices. Serve warm or fabulous wrapped up for lunch bags or healthy snacking.
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 sweet peppers, red, orange or yellow, thinly sliced
- 1 large white or yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) whole barley flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) prepared pizza or pasta sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Spray pizza or large cookie pan with cooking oil spray.
Combine barley flour, baking powder, salt in a large bowl. Whisk milk and oil. Add to dry ingredients, stir until mixture comes together in a loose ball. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead about 10 times. Roll out ball in to a 12 inch (30 cm) circle and transfer to the prepared pizza pan.
Spread pizza sauce over and sprinkle sliced vegetables and grated cheese evenly over the top.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until crust is dry and cheese is lightly browned. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing into four pieces. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 4 servings.
Nurtitional Information: Calories: 509